7-14 May 2020
Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche, Drupon Khen Rinpoche Karma Lhabu, Drupon Khenpo Karma Wangchuk, and Drupon Lama Dawa Purbu
There will be two teaching sessions and four meditation sessions each day.
5:00-7:00 First Practice Session
8:00-10:00 Second Practice Session
10:15-12:00 Dharma Teaching
1:30-3:30 Dharma Teaching
4:00-6:00 Third Practice Session
6:00 Evening Meal
7:00-9:00 Fourth Practice Session
(Dharma teachings will be given in Tibetan with English, Chinese, French, Spanish and Cantonese interpretation available.)
All aspects of the retreat, including the retreat course, accommodation and food, are free.
125 (men 21, women 104)
Accomodation & Food
2-4 people sharing one room as allocated by the organiser. Vegetarian meals provided.
Buses will be provided free of charge between Boudhanath and the retreat centre on the first and last day of the retreat.
All applications should be submitted before 1st February 2020
Notification Date for Admission Result
1st March 2020
Due to the limited number of people the retreat centre can accommodate, and to try and ensure that those who will benefit most from the retreat do not miss out, participants will be selected by the organisers once all applications have been received, rather than working on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please read the following application requirements carefully. Applicants must be qualified as below and provide required personal information. Once the applications have been processed, all applicants will receive a confirmatory email.
If participants who have been given a place cancel without good reason or do not follow the rules of the retreat, or fail to complete the retreat, they will not be welcome to attend any future such retreats or courses.
• Applications from non-Buddhists and non-religious people are most welcome
• Participants must commit to attending all four meditation sessions and two teaching sessions each day, as well as to the completion of the entire one-week retreat
• Participants must be able to follow all rules of the retreat centre
We ask that the following types of individual not apply, for they will not be given a place:
• Those who have had conflict with a Vajrayana lama of theirs
• Those of poor physical or mental health, or those whose personal situation might create obstacles to their own or others’ full participation in the retreat
• Those who have failed to complete retreats they have committed themselves to in the past.
Personal Information Required from Applicants:
• Name, Age, Gender, Nationality, Education, and Language(s)
• Email and contact number
• Copy of passport
• Brief Personal Introduction: No more than 150 words. Teacher’s Name (if you are a student of a Lama or other spiritual teacher), past Buddhist or other spiritual study and practice
• Why do you wish to attend this retreat: No more than 150 words
• Other relevant information
Thrangu Sekhar International Meditation Centre & Thrangu Dharmakara